UNODC grant scheme is implemented within the framework of the project "HIV/AIDS prevention and care among injecting drug users and in prison settings in Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania".
The purpose of the grant scheme is to increase access to HIV/AIDS prevention and care services for IDU's and in prison settings.
UNODC grants are available to support increase in availability, coverage and quality of the following interventions of the comprehensive package for the prevention, treatment and care of HIV among IDUs:
- Needle and syringe programmes;
- Long-term pharmacotherapy of opioid dependence;
- Voluntary HIV counselling and testing;
- Targeted information, education and communication for IDUs.
In Estonia during the year 2008 in total 2 projects received small grants for the total amount of 565,070.00 EEK (~57,000.00 USD). In 2011 one project received small grant for the amount of 13,800.00 EUR (~19,000.00 USD).
In Latvia during the 5 years (2007-2011) in total 46 projects received small grants for the total amount of 447,724.19 LVL and 42,700.00 EUR (~956,700.00 USD):
- 1 project which started in 2011 received 31,083.85 EUR (~42,700.00 USD);
- 9 projects which started in 2010 received 63,305.95 LVL (~131,000.00 USD);
- 11 projects which started in 2009 received 153,105.96 LVL (~305,000.00 USD);
- 15 projects which started in 2008 received 149,760.28 LVL (~312,000.00 USD);
- 10 projects which started in 2007 received 81,552.00 LVL (~166,000.00 USD).
In Lithuania during the 5 years (2007-2011) in total 44 projects received small grants for the total amount of 1,856,232.10 LTL (~755,400.00 USD):
- 13 projects which started in 2011 received 280,068.06 LTL (~111,400.00 USD);
- 4 projects which started in 2010 received 176,505.84 LTL (~69,000.00 USD);
- 7 projects which started in 2009 received 247,214.20 LTL (~95,000.00 USD);
- 9 projects which started in 2008 received 546,334.00 LTL (~250,000.00 USD);
- 11 projects which started in 2007 received 606,110.00 LTL (~230,000.00 USD).
Forms and guidelines: