Project goal and objectives
Goals of the project:
- Systemic training of prisoners in the questions of the primary and secondary prevention, and treatment of HIV infection, the quality of living with HIV/AIDS, and combined therapy schemes.
- Implementation of the program on the improvement of adherence to antiretroviral therapy among the convicted HIV-infected.
- Training of peer educators - HIV-infected prisoners who will disseminate obtained knowledge in the prison environment.
Objectives of the project:
- To carry out 30 lectures / training seminars with the HIV-infected kept in the prisons.
- To carry out lectures / training seminars in 10 Latvian prisons.
- To involve at least 400 non-infected and 150 convicted HIV-infected in lectures / training seminars.
- To train at least 30 peer educators.
- To answer competently to all received letters.
- To provide individual consultations concerning prevention and treatment by correspondence.
- To implement the existing program on the improvement of adherence to treatment among prisoners.
- To publish and distribute information materials on preparedness for treatment and adherence in prisons on the website
www.apvienibahiv.lv (in electronic form) and among prisoners (in printed form - leaflets).