|"Establishment of a cabinet for pharmacotherapy with methadone in Alytus City"
||01 March 2010 - 01 November 2010
Project goal and objectives
The main goal of the project is to establish pharmacotherapy with methadone programme in order to expand comprehensive service package for IDUs.
- To establish pharmacotherapy with methadone cabinet;
- To implement pharmacotherapy with methadone programme;
- To evaluate project results.
Activities implemented during the project implementation:
- Formulation of services provision team, personnel motivation increase.
- Experience sharing with the other centred implementing the programme.
- Development of technical documentation.
- Procurement of medical equipment and premises renovation.
- Renovation of premises and instalment of the cabinet.
- Ordering and receiving of medical documentation.
- Procurement of medical equipment, medical commodities and dispensers.
- Selection of patients.
- Analysis of annual data and effectiveness of methadone treatment.
- Number of regular clients in PT - 15.
- Number of new clients in PT - 18.
- Dropout rate (%) -16.6 proc. (due to incarceration).Average maintenance dose of methadone - 62.6 ml.
- % of patients receiving recommended maintenance dose - 60.
- Availability of psychosocial support - yes.