Issue 3 | December 2 2010
A quick and easy way to update yourself on the latest UNODC news from East Asia and the Pacific
Lao People's Democratic Republic
2010 World AIDS Day in Bangkok
Bangkok (Thailand), 1 December 2010 - On 1 December people around the world commemorated World AIDS Day and the several hundred colleagues, working at the Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) were no exception.
In Bangkok, World AIDS Day activities already began on 28 November with a campaign led by the Thailand Business Coalition on AIDS and the Ministry of Public Health. The United Nations Joint Programme on HIV/AIDS (UNAIDS), UNODC and other co-sponsors joined the campaign which was launched in Jatujak park.
The United Nations set up a joint booth in the park and distributed relevant resource material to the public. The event was attended by the Minister of Public Health, Mr. Jurin Laksanawisit, United Nations representatives as well as non-governmental organizations and the general public.
Read our latest publications and reports
- Taunggyi, Myanmar - 6-8 December: Induction workshop: Presenting baseline results of EU funded projects to government counterparts, donors and stakeholders
- Chantaburi Province, Thailand - 7-9 December: PATROL Initial Survey
- Bangkok, Thailand - 8-10 December: Inter-regional Workshop on Improving Evidence-Based Knowledge on Migrant Smuggling from, through and within South-East Asia
- Bangkok, Thailand - 13 December: Simultaneous release of the Myanmar Situation Assessment on Amphetamine-Type Stimulants and UNODC South-East Asia Opium Survey 2010, organized at the FCCT
- Hanoi, Viet Nam - 13-14 December: Viet Nam PATROL National Workshop
- Bangkok, Thailand - 14-16 December: Regional Consultation on Compulsory Centres for Drug Users, organised by UNODC, UNESCAP and UNAIDS
- Chiang Rai Province, Thailand - 19-21 December: PATROL Initial Survey