Published in January 2019.
This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module:
- Crepeau, Francois (2003). " The Fight against Migrant Smuggling: Migration Containment over Refugee Protection." In: J van Selm, K Kamanga, J Morrison, A Nadig, S Spoljar-Vrzina and L van Willigen. The Refugee Convention at Fifty: A View from Forced Migration Studies.
- De Haas, Hein (2013). " Smuggling is a Reaction to Border Controls."
- Gallagher, Anne (2001). " Human Rights and the New UN Protocols on Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling: A Preliminary Analysis." 23 Human Rights Quarterly, pp. 975-1004.
- Kyle, David and Koslowski, Rey (2001). "Economic globalization, human smuggling, and global governance." Global Human Smuggling.
- Schloenhardt, Andreas and Hamish Macdonald (2015). " Barriers to Ratification of the United Nations Protocol Against the Smuggling of Migrants ."
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2010). Model Law against the Smuggling of Migrants
- Van Liempt, Ilse (2016). " A Critical Insight into Europe's Criminalisation of Human Smuggling." Swedish Institute for European Policy Studies.
- Van Liempt and Sersli (2012). " State Responses and Migrant Experiences with Human Smuggling."
- Watson, Scott (2015). " The Criminalization of Human and Humanitarian Smuggling." 1 (1) Migration, Mobility & Displacement 27.
Next: Other resources