This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of (mostly) open access materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
Materials with this icon can be found in the E4J Library of Resources.
- Bayley, David (2001). Democratizing the Police Abroad: What to do and How to do it? . Washington: U.S. Department of Justice.
- CoE (Council of Europe) (2001). The European Code of Police Ethics . Strasbourg: CoE.
- DCAF (Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces) (2012). Toolkit on Police Integrity . Geneva: DCAF, Chapter 5.
- DCAF (Geneva Centre for the Democratic Control of Armed Forces) (2015a). "The Police", SSR Backgrounder Series . Geneva: DCAF.
- Kraska, Peter and Kappeler, Victor (1995). To serve and pursue: Exploring police sexual violence against women, Justice Quarterly, vol. 12, No. 1, 85-111.
- Newburn, Tim (2015). Police Integrity and Corruption - A Literature Review . London: Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire & Rescue Services.
- United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC) (2010). Report of the Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, Philip Alston, Study on Police Oversight Mechanisms, Addendum . New York: UN.
- UNHRC (United Nations Human Rights Council) (2015). Report of the Special Rapporteur on contemporary forms of racism, racial discrimination, xenophobia and related intolerance, Mutuma Ruteere. New York: UN.
- UNODC (United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime) (2011). Handbook on Police Accountability, Oversight and Integrity . New York: UN, Chapter 1-4.
Next: Advanced reading