Published in June 2018.
This module is a resource for lecturers download full module
Possible class structure
This section contains recommendations for a teaching sequence and timing intended to achieve learning outcomes through a three-hour class. The lecturer may wish to disregard or shorten some of the segments below in order to dedicate more time to other elements, including introduction, icebreakers, conclusions or short breaks. The structure could also be adapted for shorter or longer classes, given that the class durations vary across countries.
- 0-10 mins » Briefly introduce topic, session learning outcomes and outline structure.
- 10-30 mins » Undertake Exercise 1: Kahoot quiz.
- 30-50 mins » Discuss introduction to the global terrorism landscape/brief history of terrorism/terrorism in the 19th century.
- 50-55 mins » Short break.
- 55-100 mins » League of Nations/United Nations and terrorism.
- 100-105 mins » Short break.
- 105-145 mins » Discuss Case study 1: United Nations designated terrorist groups and targeted sanctions.
- 145-170 mins » Discuss terrorist victimization.
- 170-180 mins » If appropriate, introduce the assessment questions with relevant marking criteria.