This module is a resource for lecturers
Possible class structure
This section contains recommendations for a teaching sequence and timing intended to achieve learning outcomes through a three-hour class. The lecturer may wish to disregard or shorten some of the segments below in order to give more time to other elements, including introduction, icebreakers, conclusion or short breaks.
- Exercise 1: Brainstorming and short discussion of prior knowledge [30 minutes] or
- Exercise 3: Gender terminology board game [30 minutes].
- Mini lecture on Topic 1 and Topic 2: Using the PowerPoint Presentation provided [40 minutes].
- Exercise 5: Guided question and answer discussion based on in-class reading of the case of Miguel Castro-Castro Prison vs. Peru [30 minutes].
- Mini lecture on Topic 3 or Topic 4: Using the PowerPoint presentation provided [20 minutes]. (If lecturers wish to cover both Topic 3 and Topic 4, then they are advised to skip one exercise)
- Exercise 9: Build your own scenario [60 minutes].
Next: Core reading