This module is a resource for lecturers
Additional teaching tools
This section includes links to relevant teaching aides such as PowerPoint slides and video material, that could help the lecturer teach the issues covered by the Module. Lecturers can adapt the slides to their needs.
- How to choose your news , Damon Brown, 6/3/2014 TED-Ed (4:48)
- Does the media have a "duty of care"? David Puttnam, 2/10/2014 (10:37)
- Think Like A Journalist , Kelsey Samuels, TEDxPlano 4/25/2017 TEDx Talks (13:05)
- Astroturf and manipulation of media messages , Sharyl Attkisson, TEDxUniversityofNevada 2/6/2015 TEDx Talks (10:36)
- Citizen journalism, Paul Lewis, TEDxThessaloniki (16:55)
- The Potter Box method in a media ethics context , Charles Cameron, YouTube (10:47)
- The Potter Box , in Media Ethics in the Morning (succinctly describing the Potter Box method and including a helpful graphic of the "Box" flowchart).