- Mutual legal assistance (MLA)
- Transfer of criminal proceedings
- Transfer of sentenced persons
Published in May 2018
Regional Perspective: Pacific Islands Region - added in November 2019
This module is a resource for lecturers
- Aromaa, Kauko and Terhi Viljanen, eds. (2005). Enhancing International Law Enforcement Cooperation, Including Extradition Measures. European Institute for Crime Prevention and Control (HEUNI).
- Dammer, Harry R. and Jay S. Albanese. (2014). Comparative Criminal Justice Systems, 5th ed. Wadsworth.
- Dandurand, Yvon. (2007). Strategies and Practical Measures to Strengthen the Capacity of Prosecution Services in Dealing with Transnational Organized Crime, Terrorism and Corruption. Crime, Law and Social Change, vol. 47, 225-246.
- Efrat, Asif and Abraham L. Newman. (2017). Divulging Data: Domestic Determinants of International Information Sharing. The Review of International Organizations.
- Europol. (2017). Serious and Organised Crime Threat Assessment. European Union.
- Funk, T. Markus. (2014). Assistance Treaties and Letters Rogatory: A Guide for Judges . Federal Judicial Center International Litigation Guide.
- Harrington, Joanna. (2014). Chapter 10 Extradition of transnational criminal (pp. 153-167). In N. Boister and R.J. Currie, eds. Routledge Handbook of Transnational Criminal Law. London: Routledge.
- Hartfield, Clive. (2008). The Organization of "Organized Crime Policing" and Its International Context. Criminology and Criminal Justice, vol. 8, 483-507.
- Joutsen, Matti. (2014). International Instruments on Cooperation in Responding to Transnational Crime. In P. Reichel and J. Albanese, eds. Handbook of Transnational Crime and Justice, 2d ed. Sage Publications, 303-322.
- Missbach, Antje. (2015). The Extradition of People Smugglers from Indonesia to Australia: Political and Legal Challenges. Australian Journal of Asian Law, vol. 15, 1-18.
- Nicholls, Clive, Clare Montgomery, Julian B. Knowles, Anand Doobay, and Mark Summers. (2013). The Law of Extradition and Mutual Assistance, 3rd. ed. Oxford University Press.
- Reichel, Philip. (2017). Comparative Criminal Justice Systems: A Topical Approach, 7th ed. Pearson.
- Vervaele, John, A.E. (2014). Chapter 8 Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters (pp. 121-137). In N. Boister and R.J. Currie, eds. Routledge Handbook of Transnational Criminal Law. London: Routledge.
- United Nations Economic and Social Council. (2010). Capital Punishment and Implementation of the Safeguards Guaranteeing Protection of the Rights of Those Facing the Death Penalty. E/2010/10.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (1997). Model Treaty on Extradition . Adopted by General Assembly resolution 45/116, amended by General Assembly resolution 52/88.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (1998). Model Treaty on Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters . Adopted by General Assembly resolution 45/117, amended by General Assembly resolution 53/112.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2003). Revised Manuals on the Model Treaty on Extradition and on the Model Treaty on Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters . Vienna. UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2004). Model Law on Extradition . Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2006). Cross-cutting Issues: International Cooperation. Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2007). Model Law on Mutual Legal Assistance in Criminal Matters . Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2012). Manual on Mutual Legal Assistance and Extradition . Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2012). Handbook on the International Transfer of Sentenced Persons . Vienna: UNODC.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. (2017). Practical considerations, good practices and challenges encountered in the area of transfer of criminal proceedings as a separate form of international cooperation in criminal matters . Working Group on International Cooperation. Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Convention against Transnational Crime.
- United Nations Seventh Crime Congress. (1985) . Model Agreement on the Transfer of Foreign Prisoners and Recommendations on the Treatment of Foreign Prisoners . Milan, 1985; endorsed by the General Assembly in resolution 40/32.