Published in May 2019
This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of (mostly) open access materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
- Crenshaw, Kimberle (1989). Demarginalizing the Intersection of Race and Sex: A Black Feminist Critique of Antidiscrimination Doctrine, Feminist Theory and Antiracist Politics. University of Chicago Legal Forum, vol. 1989, Issue 1, article 8, pp. 139-167.
- ICAT (2017). The gender dimensions of human trafficking. Brief Issue no. 4, The Inter-Agency Coordination Group (ICAT)
- Kempadoo, Kamala (2015). The Modern-Day White (Wo)Man's Burden: Trends in Anti-Trafficking and Anti-Slavery Campaigns. Journal of Human Trafficking, vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 8-20.
- Van Liempt, Ilse (2011). Different geographies and experiences of 'assisted' types of migration: a gendered critique on the distinction between trafficking and smuggling. Gender, Place and Culture: A Journal of Feminist Geography, vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 1790-193.
- Sheldon X. Zhang, Ko-Lin Chin, and Jody Miller (2007). Women's participation in Chinese transnational human smuggling: A gendered market perspective, Criminology, vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 699-732.
- Schrover, Marlou, Joanne va der Leun, Leo Lucassen and Chris Quispel (2008). Introduction: Illegal migration and gender in a global and historical perspective. Amsterdam: Amsterdam University Press.
- Surtees, Rebecca (2008a). Trafficked Men as Unwilling Victims. St Antony's International Review, vol. 4, No. 1., pp. 16-36 (April).
- UNODC (2018). Global Study on Smuggling of Migrants. (United Nations publication, Sales no. E.18.IV.9).
- UNODC (2018). Global Report on Trafficking in Persons. (United Nations publication, Sales no. E.19.IV.2)
- UNODC (2016). Global Report on Trafficking in Persons. (United Nations publication, Sales no. E.16.IV.6)
- UNODC (2014). Global Report on Trafficking in Persons. (United Nations publication, Sales no. E.14.V.10)
- UNODC (2012). Global Report on Trafficking in Persons. (United Nations publication, Sales no. E.13.V.1), especially pp. 29-31
- UNODC and Heuni (2015). Trafficking in Persons and Gender. UNODC/HEUNI
Next: Advanced reading