1 Position available
National Project Officer LAO X26 "Strengthening Criminal Justice
Responses to Human Trafficking in Lao PDR"
|Type of Contract:||Service Agreement|
|Duty Station:||UNODC Lao PDR Country Office, Vientiane, Lao PDR|
|Duration:||12 months (renewable subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds)|
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the project supervisor based in the regional center and the country representative (or officer-in-charge) of the UNODC Lao PDR Country Office, the National Project Officer will be responsible for the following tasks:
Lead the timely implementation of project activities in accordance to the project work plan;
- Coordinate with stakeholders, with a focus on maintaining good relations with government counterparts and the donor;
- Assist the project supervisor to understand local cultural issues impacting project activities;
- Maintain a detailed knowledge and overview of relevant national legislation and government policies;
- Undertake reviews and needs assessment and technical assistance missions;
- Prepare and draft periodic reports, primarily focusing on the progress of the project;
- Recruit and coordinate assignments of technical consultants (international and national);
- Maintain close contact with the project supervisor to ensure effective implementation of the project;
- Performing all other duties related to the funding application as assigned by the UNODC Representative;
- Understand current trends on human trafficking in Laos and the Greater Mekong Region; and
- Perform other duties to support project implementation as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- University degree from an institution in law, law enforcement, international relations, political science, public administration or related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience in any of the above fields.
- Minimum of three years working experience in managing projects. Legal expertise and/or project administrator/backstopping experience in crime-related areas and specifically human trafficking would be an asset. Experience working in the UN system would be a plus.
- Must have project implementation experience and a proven ability to work in a multi-cultural environment. Computer skills would be an advantage.
- Working level English and Lao (speaking, reading, writing). Proficient drafting ability in English and Lao is a must.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
(a) Letter of interest clearly stating suitability for the position
(b) UN Personal History Form (P11). The UN Personal History Form (P11) can be downloaded from the link http://www.la.undp.org/content/lao_pdr/en/home/operations/jobs.html); and
(c) Curriculum vitae based on the criteria stated above.
Applicants should submit the required documents by March 13, 2014 to:
UNODC Lao PDR Country Office
Mr. Khamphouvieng Ekaphanh
P.O. Box 345, Rd No.1, Unit 21, Sisangvone Village, Vientiane, Lao PDR
Tel: + (856-21) 454266 / 416 427/ Fax: + 856 21 413203
or by email to: Khamphouvieng.firstname.lastname@example.org
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.