Call for Proposals for funding events in 2013
It will be allocated R$2.000.000 to civil society organizations that works in the area of AIDS, other STDs and viral hepatitis.
4 December 2012 - Non-governmental organizations working in the area of AIDS, other sexually transmitted diseases and viral hepatitis can now apply for funding for National and regional events to be held from May to December 2013. Proposals must be submitted until January 15, 2013. In total, will be invested an amount of R$ 2,000,000 million. The initiative comes from the Department of STD, AIDS and Viral Hepatitis, Secretariat of Health Surveillance, Ministry of Health, in partnership with the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC).
Will be prioritized those events which discuss one or more of the following themes:
• Prevention of STD / HIV / AIDS and viral hepatitis and innovations in the field of health promotion;
• Promotion of human rights, reducing stigma and discrimination against people living with HIV/AIDS and patients with viral hepatitis;
• Prevention and health promotion for most vulnerable populations to STD / HIV / AIDS and viral hepatitis;
• Incentives to increase the coverage of testing for early diagnosis and prevention of vertical transmission of HIV;
• Prevention of Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), with an emphasis on encouraging the prevention of syphilis in pregnancy (pregnant women and partners), and
• Leadership and social participation of people living with HIV / AIDS and patients with viral hepatitis.
Proposals must be submitted by civil society organizations with a minimum experience of three years in the area. It´s demanded also that the scope of activities is regional or national. The result of this technical selection will be released until February 21st, 2013.