INTERNSHIP VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT - ADMINISTRATION UNIT
The UNODC Office in Brasilia, Brazil, is presently accepting applications for interested students who are pursuing a degree, preferably in Administration or Secretarial/Executive Assistance. The UNODC internship programme has as its purpose to expose selected young persons to the work of the Organization with the objective of deepening their knowledge and understanding of UNODC's goals, principles and activities. The internship programme provides on-the-job training for the participants; and in exchange for this experience, the interns are expected to contribute to the activities of the unit to which they are assigned.
We are looking for students with an advanced English knowledge, good analytical and computer skills. Please note that internships at the United Nations are not remunerated. All costs related to travel, insurance, accommodation and living expenses must be borne either by the interns or their sponsoring institutions. Confidentiality: Any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship must be kept confidential.
Hours: From 09:00 to 12:30 OR from 13:30 to 17:30
UNODC Address: SCS - Quadra 2 - Ed. Serra Dourada - Salas 410 a 418, Brasilia, Brazil.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Administration Unit, the incumbent will be responsible for the following activities:
Prepare reports (mostly in English) using existing templates and adapting language, assuring the correct usage of English grammar in addition to making documents more stylish and appealing;
Prepare and format Excel tables, improving their looks and understanding;
Screen and select CVs for recruitment processes;
Help in the organization of interviews for recruitment processes;
Help in the preparation and organization of recruitment process documents;
Make telephone calls and arrange interviews in connection with recruitment processes and other meetings.
Retrieve web reports and convert them into Excell tables, adjusting information and formatting cells;
Prepare web forms using specific applications;
Prepare and process documents and forms using existing templates and adapting the language;
Draft and send e-mail messages when required;
Perform any other tasks as needed.
1. Eligibility to participate in the internship programme is open to persons who are currently engaged in a course of study leading to a university degree.
2. In order to qualify for this assignment within the Internship Programme, students should, preferably, be pursuing a degree in Administration or Secretarial/Executive Assistance. In addition, they must be proficient in English.
3. No remuneration of any kind is offered by UNODC to an individual selected as an intern and their interest and qualifications are matched with available job descriptions.
4. The intern candidate needs to acknowledge that the internship does not imply the possibility of employment by the Organization.
5. The duration of an internship is for a minimum of three and maximum of six months.
To apply, students must fill out the form in the bellow link and submit it by 10 April 2014