Healthy Options Project Skopje (HOPS)
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||Kapan An Lokal Br. 3
|Country:||The form. Yug. Rep. of Macedonia|
|UN Languages:||Russian, English|
Other:'harm reduction, other sexually transmitted diseases'
||Healthy Options Project Skopje is a non-governmental, non-profit and non-partisan organization that started operating as a project supported by The Lindesmith Center and The Open Society Institute Macedonia in 1997. During this period it has successfully implemented programs for reduction of drug related harm, prevention of HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted and blood-borne diseases, as well as programs for social reintegration and re-socialization targeting young people and vulnerable groups (drug users and their families and sex workers and their families) in Skopje, Macedonia.
Closely working with media, governmental and non-governmental organizations as well as with international agencies HOPS has become member and partner of different initiatives on national as well as on the regional/international level.
- Member of National Expert Group for Prevention, Treatment and Harm Reduction - Ministry of Health;
- Member of National Commission for HIV/AIDS within the Government of R. of Macedonia;
- Member of the Technical Working Group within the UN Theme Group for HIV/AIDS in R. Macedonia;
- Coordinator of the Harm Reduction Working Group within the City Coordinative Body for Fight Against Drugs in Skopje, 2000;
- Organizer of the First Harm Reduction Conference for South-Eastern Europe, held in Skopje, 10 December, 1999