REAL Women of Canada
|ECOSOC Status:||Special Consultative|
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||Box 8813 Station T
Ottawa Ontario K1G 3J1
Other:'Human rights, childcare, prostitution, pornography'
||REAL Women of Canada (Realistic, Equal, Active, for Life) was federally incoorporated in 1983. It is a non-partisan, non-denominational organization of independent women which promotes equality for all women. The key aim of the organisation is to support policies for women that provide equal opportunity in education, employment and retirement.
REAL Women of Canada believes that social and economic problems and solutions for women today should be resolved by taking into account their impact on the family and society as a whole. The organisation argues that the fragmentation of the Canadian family is one of the major causes of disorder in society today.
The objectives of REAL Women of Canada are:
- to reaffirm that the family is society's most important unit;
- to promote the equality, advancement and well being of women, recognizing them as interdependent members of society, whether in the family, workplace or community;
- to promote, secure and defend legislation which upholds the Judeo-Christian understanding of marriage and family life;
- to support government and social policies that make homemaking possible for women who, out of necessity, would otherwise have to take employment outside the home; and
- to support the right to life of all innocent individuals from conception to natural death.
The motto of the organisation is: "women's rights but not at the expense of human rights".