Sindicato Vacional de Tradajadoras del Servicio Domestico (SINTRASEDOM)
|Type:||NGO working on Crime|
|Address:||calle 78 # 68H-38
|UN Languages:||Spanish, English|
Other:'Human Rights, Health, Migration'
||Sintradesom serves displaced women working in domestic service. Their mission is to defend labor rights, foster prevention of human trafficking, slavery and the protection of women migrants. They are developing awareness activities to vulnerable populations and attention to miserable victims.
Sintrasedom wants to help women who are domestic servants by raising awareness and training its members and non-members, performing a work of multiplication, knowing and identifying the most serious problems that are presented in 5 cities in Colombia where there are larger numbers of women servants.
To study the characteristics of the respective profession and wages, benefits, hours, or protection systems to prevent accidents and other working conditions on its partners to seek improvement and their defense.
* Ensure the rapprochement of workers and employers, on a basis of justice, mutual respect and subordination to the law.
* To advise its partners in defending the rights arising out of the profession and to represent them before the corresponding administrative authorities.
* Promote technical and general education of its members.
* To provide relief to its members in case of illness or calamity.
We conducted a process of achievements and developments in the labor and social field such as:
* was achieved by regulating the status of domestic workers with certain labor warranties for the job.
* Colombian law defines that the domestic workers is a natural person who for remuneration provides services personnel directly.
* domestic workers are covered extensively by the Colombian legislation (Decree 824 of April 29 1988, Act 11 of 1988)