The Country Representative of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Mr. Cesar Guedes, opened a computer based training eLearning Centre for the Federal Investigation Agency in Lahore in the presence of Director FIA Punjab Dr. Usman Anwar, other representatives from the FIA, Mr. Ian Hudson and Ms. Delia Mills from the Australian High Commission, and Mr. Martin Banks from the British High Commission.[Read More]
28 September 2016, Faisalabad - The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Pakistan in collaboration with Narcotics Control Division (NCD) and the Anti Narcotics Force (ANF), organized a two day Sensitization Workshop on Precursor Chemicals Control for private industry representatives on 28-29 September 2016, at the Serena Hotel Faisalabad. [Read More]
6 September 2016, Karachi - The Karachi Air Cargo Control Unit (ACCU) marked its first ever seizure by interdicting a total of 4.6 kg heroin and 8.9 kg ICE (crystal meth) from two similar air consignments, destined for Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates respectively. The seized drugs were cleverly concealed in handcrafted marble souvenir pieces.
- 8/25/16 - "There are now over 29 million people within this category as compared to the previous figure of 27 million": World Drug Report 2016
- 8/12/16 - Data of 34,352 under trial prisoners have been entered in the administrative module, ever since it has been piloted in Central Jail...
- 8/9/16 - Sensitization of the Chemical and Pharmaceutical Industries on the Diversion of Precursor Chemicals
- 8/10/16 - Press Release: Operations in 20 Prisons of Punjab are getting Computerized and Automated Seminar at the launch of Prison Management Information System (PMIS) in Prisons of Punjab
- 6/1/16 - Press Release - Regional Training of Trainers on UNODC Toolkit for Law Enforcement Officials Islamabad
- 3/11/16 - Press Release The Government of Japan and UNODC Country Office in Pakistan (COPAK) sign project aimed at strengthening border security against illicit drug trafficking and related transnational organised crime in Pakistan