Consultancy to Provide Training on Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy and Motivational Interviewing Therapy to Counsellors of National Drug Agency
Consultancy Title: International Consultant to Provide Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy and Motivational Interviewing Therapy Training
Location: Male', Maldives
Supervisor: National Project Coordinator, UNODC
Application Deadline: 13 December 2012
Duration of Contract: 3 weeks in January 2013 (estimate)
Organisational Context and Background
UNODC in partnership with the Government of Maldives is supporting a European Commission (EU) funded project titled "Strengthening the national response to drug use in the Maldives" (MDV K30).
National Drug Agency (NDA) is one of the key partners of this project. NDA was recently formed as part of the new Drug Act (17/2011), and entrusted to undertake and oversee the national response to the drug problem in the Maldives.
As part of this support in October 2012 an eight day workshop on effective drug counselling and clinical supervision skills was conducted for NDA counsellors to improve their skills level. A post-training recommendation made by the instructor was to conduct a follow-up visit or a booster/refresher training within approximately 3 months following the initial training workshop to address/discuss issues encountered after all trained personnel have gained some preliminary, first-hand experience in clinical supervision and counselling skills learned.
In order to address the needs expressed by the NDA staff, UNODC is supporting a booster training in cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing Therapy (MIT).
UNODC is seeking an external trainer or consultant to provide a short term training in addiction treatment and evidence based approaches such as CBT and MIT, to counsellors of NDA.
- To provide training for NDA counsellors to deliver structured interventions based on detailed treatment plans.
- Enhance NDA counsellors' knowledge in evidence-based treatments, and
- Provide an opportunity to practice evidence-based counselling skills and techniques under the supervision of an expert.
Scope of Work
The overall scope of work is to conduct a training workshop in addiction treatment and evidence based approaches such as CBT and MIT, to counsellors of NDA.
Deliverables of specific deliverables include:
- Submission of an outline of the proposed training
- 10 day (aprox) training workshop on CBT and MIT conducted for NDA counselors
- Submission of training materials
- Final workshop report
Applications can be submitted to UNODC via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to email@example.com (with the subject title of the consultancy) OR forwarded under confidential cover to the "UNODC, UN Building, Male', Maldives" with the following:
- Letter of expression of interest, and proposal (a financial proposal and a brief description of the process)
- Recommendation letters
- Copies of tertiary level academic certificates
- Copy of National ID card
- Completed P11 forms - P11 forms can be downloaded from http://www.undp.org.mv .
Only complete applications (with signed P11 forms) will be accepted, and i nterviews will be granted only to short-listed candidates. The organization will contact shortlisted applicants.