Full Time Internship Programme at the UNODC Office in Cambodia
Internship Programme (Unpaid)
Term of Reference
1. Objectives of the programme
The UNODC Project Office in Cambodia provides opportunities for young professionals to take internship in the specific fields of drugs and crime:
2. Main Activities of the Young Professional Interns
The Internship Programme is comprising the following training activities:
- The interns will review all relevant information and documents related to UNODC's work in order to acquire basis understanding of the mandates, strategic policies, framework of programmes/activities of the organization.
- The interns will assist the office in maintaining close contacts with concerned UN agencies and relevant drug control offices and institutions as well as other UNODC field offices in the region.
- The interns will participate in organizing meetings, seminars and donor countries official visits to promote wider cooperation with potential donors and partner institutions.
- The interns will be involved in the office activities related to information collection and compilation of basic statistical background for the preparation of technical papers and speeches.
- The interns will be involved in selected field work and programme/project activities related to their priority areas of studies and internship.
Provided that the Eligibility criteria are met, candidates for the Internship Programme will be selected on a competitive basis. The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Graduate studies in the fields related to political and social sciences, economics, public health, psychology, public and business administration, law studies or other relevant programmes.
- Strong interest in working with the UN system, particularly on drug and crime related fields.
- Excellent knowledge of English with fluency in speaking, reading and writing. Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
- General IT competence and command of the main office software environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and a strong team working capacity.
4. Terms of Appointment
Duration of the internship is from 2 to 6 months and internship participants are required to work full-time during the office hours. Time is allowed for outside research work and interviews.
5. Duty Station
The intern participants will be working with UNODC Project Office located in Cambodia in address #39.Street 420,Sangkat Beung Keng Kong, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
6. How to Apply
Young professionals interested in the Internship Programme should submit:
- an application letter accompanied by documentary evidence (i.e. a letter of confirmation from a university) of continuing matriculation;
- a Curriculum Vitae;
- a short essay in English (about 150-250 words) outlining the applicant's motivation for doing an internship;
To ensure that your application is promptly sent to the correct department, please follow this format in your SUBJECT line: "Recruitment - Internship - [AREA of INTEREST] [Current field of study] [Internship period]. Send your application to:
Ms.Chhit Srey Peov
UNODC Cambodia Project Office,
Sangkat Beung Keng Kong,
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Admission will be in January for Winter session, May for Summer session and October for Fall session. The application should be sent to: email@example.com
Due to high volume of internship applications, we cannot respond to your application individually and only successful applicants will be contacted.