Full Time Internship Programme at the UNODC Regional Office for Southeast Asia and the Pacific
Internship Programme (Unpaid)
|Intern (Environmental Crimes)||N/A|
|Intern (Human Trafficking)||N/A|
|Intern (Partnership, Advocacy and Communications)||N/A|
|Intern (Global SMART Programme)||N/A|
|Intern (Terrorism Prevention)||N/A|
|Intern (Global eLearning)||N/A|
Term of Reference
1. Objectives of the programme
The UNODC Regional Office for Southeast Asia and the Pacific provides opportunities for young professionals to take internship in Partnership, Advocacy and Communications as well as in these specific fields of drugs and crime:
2. Main Activities of the Young Professional Interns
The Internship Programme is comprising the following training activities:
- The interns will review all relevant information and documents related to UNODC's work in order to acquire basis understanding of the mandates, strategic policies, framework of programmes/activities of the organization.
- The interns will assist the office in maintaining close contacts with concerned UN agencies and relevant drug control offices and institutions as well as other UNODC field offices in the region.
- The interns will participate in organizing meetings, seminars and donor countries official visits to promote wider cooperation with potential donors and partner institutions.
- The interns will be involved in the office activities related to information collection and compilation of basic statistical background for the preparation of technical papers and speeches.
- The interns will be involved in selected field work and programme/project activities related to their priority areas of studies and internship.
Provided that the Eligibility criteria are met, candidates for the Internship Programme will be selected on a competitive basis. The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Graduate studies in the fields related to political and social sciences, economics, public health, psychology, public and business administration, law studies or other relevant programmes.
- Strong interest in working with the UN system, particularly on drug and crime related fields.
- Excellent knowledge of English with fluency in speaking, reading and writing. Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
- General IT competence and command of the main office software environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and a strong team working capacity.
4. Terms of Appointment
Duration of the internship is from 4 to 6 months and internship participants are required to work full-time during the office hours. Time is allowed for outside research work and interviews.
5. Duty Station
Participating interns will work at the UNODC Regional Office for Southeast Asia and the Pacific located in Bangkok, Thailand (full address below).
6. How to Apply
To apply, students interested in the UNODC Regional Office for Southeast Asia and the Pacific Internship Programme should submit:
- A brief application letter indicating their areas of interest
- Proof of continuing studies (i.e. a letter of confirmation from a university)
- A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A short essay in English (150-250 words) outlining their reasons for doing an internship.
To ensure that your application is promptly sent to the correct department, please follow this format in your SUBJECT line: "Recruitment - Internship - [AREA of INTEREST] [Current field of study] [Internship period]. Send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org :
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Regional Office for Southeast Asia and the Pacific
United Nations Building, 3
Rajdamnern Nok Avenue
Bangkok 10200, Thailand
Tel: +66 2 288 2100
Fax: +66 2 281 2129
Due to high volume of internship applications, we cannot respond to your application individually and only successful applicants will be contacted.