Full Time Internship Programme at the UNODC Office in Indonesia
Term of Reference
1. Objectives of the programme
The mission of UNODC
Indonesia Programme Office is to promote and facilitate actions against trafficking, transnational organized crime, money laundering, corruption and HIV/AIDS.
The Internship Programme aims at providing opportunity for outstanding graduate and postgraduate students to acquire practical professional experience through direct exposure to UNODC's work. The UNODC Project Office Jakarta gives opportunity for young professional to take internship in the fields of drugs and crime, more specifically relating to:
2. Main Activities of the Young Professional Interns
The Internship Programme is comprising the following training activities:
- The interns will review all relevant information and documents related to UNODC's work in order to acquire basis understanding of the mandates, strategic policies, and framework of programmes/activities of the organization.
- The interns will assist the office in maintaining close contacts with concerned UN agencies and relevant institutions as well as UNODC field offices in the region.
- The interns will participate in organizing meetings, seminars and donor countries official visits to promote wider cooperation with potential donors and partner institutions.
- The interns will be involved in the office activities related to information collection and compilation of basic statistical background for the preparation of technical papers and speeches.
- The interns will be involved in selected field work and programme/project activities related to their priority areas of studies and internship.
Candidates for the Internship Programme will be selected on a competitive basis. The following minimum qualifications are required:
- Enrolment in a graduate degree programme of a recognised institution in the fields related to political and social sciences, economics, public and business administration, law studies or other relevant programmes. The candidates are eligible to apply before or after their completion of the studies.
- Strong interest in working with the UN system, particularly on drug and crime related fields.
- Excellent knowledge of English with fluency in speaking, reading and writing. Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
- Good knowledge of all essential computer software including word processing, presentation and Internet communication and searching.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and a strong team working capacity.
4. Financial Aspects
The UNODC Internship programme operates on a non-remunerative basis. The costs connected with an intern's participation in the Programme must be borne by the nominating institution or government or by the students themselves. The students also have to obtain financing for subsistence and make his or her own arrangements for travel, visa, accommodation, etc
5. Terms of Appointment
Duration of the internship is from 2 to 6 months and internship participants are required to work full-time during the office hours. Time is allowed for outside research work and interviews.
6. Duty Station
The intern participants will be working with UNODC Indonesia Programme Office, located in Jakarta.
7. How to Apply
Young professionals interested in the Internship Programme should submit a letter of application together with application letter, Curriculum Vitae, general statement of purpose to indicate objective of internship, duration, expected outcomes, medical statement and health insurance. Admission will be around the year.
To ensure that your application is promptly sent to the correct department, please follow this format in your SUBJECT line: "Recruitment - Internship - [AREA of INTEREST] [Current field of study] [Internship period]. Send your application to:
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
Project Office Indonesia
TIPIKOR Bldg Ground Floor,
Jl. H.R. Rasuna Said C19,
Jakarta Selatan, Indonesia
Tel: +62 21 52920731
Fax: +62 21 52907427
Due to high volume of internship applications, we cannot respond to your application individually and only successful applicants will be contacted.