- Reconvened fifty-ninth session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, Vienna, 1-2 December 2016
- First inter-sessional meeting, 27 January 2016
- Second inter-sessional meeting, 24 February 2016
- Fifty-ninth session, including a special segment on the preparation for the special session of the General Assembly on the World Drug Problem to be held in 2016, 14-22 March 2016 (special segment: 14-16 March and regular segment:17, 18 and 21, 22 March)
- Special Event of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, Commemoration of the United Nations International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking and Launch of the 2016 World Drug Report, 23 June 2016
- Third inter-sessional meeting, 8 September 2016
- Reconvened fifty-eighth session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, Vienna, 9-11 December 2015
- Seventh Inter-sessional meeting 12 November 2015
- Sixth Inter-sessional meeting 15 October 2015
- Fifth Inter-sessional meeting 24 September 2015
- CND Special event - International Day against Drug Abuse and Drug Trafficking & Launch of the World Drug Report 26 June 2015
- Fourth Inter-sessional meeting 12 June 2015
- Fifty-eighth session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, Vienna, 9-17 March 2015
- Special Segment on UNGASS preparations, 9-12 March 2015
- Third Inter-sessional meeting 6 March 2015
- Second Inter-sessional Meeting 23 February 2015
- First Inter-sessional Meeting 29 January 2015
Regular and intersessional meetings
The Commission holds annual sessions for the duration of one week in the first half of the year, as well as one-day reconvened sessions at the end of each year to consider administrative and budgetary matters. The Commission has a maximum number of eight working days for its session, pursuant to Economic and Social Council resolution 1991/39. In order to examine draft decisions, draft resolutions and specific technical issues, a Committee of the Whole is convened concurrently with the annual session of the Commission.
Inter-sessional meetings of the Commission are convened to finalize the provisional agenda of the Commission; to address organizational and substantive matters; and to provide continuous and effective policy guidance. The Commission also holds informal joint meetings of donor and recipient countries on the planning and formulation of projects, pursuant to its resolution 44/16.
Round table discussions
The agenda of the Commission at each session foresees specific themes to be addressed under the item "Round-table discussions" which replaced the "Thematic debate", starting from 2011. Participants to round-table discussions are nominated by regional groups based on their expertise, to ensure a focused and interactive discussion theme under consideration.
At the reconvened 53rd session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, in December 2010, Member States adopted a revised Annual Report Questionnaire (ARQ), to enable the monitoring of and the biennial reporting to the Commission on the implementation by Member States of the Political Declaration and Plan of Action on International Cooperation towards an Integrated and Balanced Strategy to Counter the World Drug Problem, as well as for the reporting to the Commission mandated by the three international drug control conventions.