- Sixtieth session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, Vienna, 13-17 March 2017
- First Intersessional Meeting, 23-25 January 2017, Agenda, see more at Post UNGASS 2016
- Reconvened fifty-ninth Session of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, Vienna, 30 November to 2 December 2016
- Sixth Intersessional Meeting, 29 November 2016
- Fifth Intersessional Meeting, 27-28 October 2016, Agenda, see more at Post UNGASS 2016
- Fourth Intersessional Meeting, 10-11 October 2016, Agenda, see more at Post UNGASS 2016
- Third Intersessional Meeting, 8 September 2016
- Special Event of the Commission on Narcotic Drugs, Commemoration of the United Nations International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking and Launch of the 2016 World Drug Report, 23 June 2016
- Fifty-ninth Session, including a special segment on the preparation for the Special Session of the General Assembly on the World Drug Problem to be held in 2016, 14-22 March 2016 (special segment: 14-16 March and regular segment: 17, 18 and 21, 22 March)
- Second Intersessional Meeting, 24 February 2016
- First Intersessional Meeting, 27 January 2016
Regular and intersessional meetings
The Commission holds annual sessions for the duration of one week in the first half of the year, as well as one-day reconvened sessions at the end of each year to consider administrative and budgetary matters. The Commission has a maximum number of eight working days for its session, pursuant to Economic and Social Council resolution 1991/39. In order to examine draft decisions, draft resolutions and specific technical issues, a Committee of the Whole is convened concurrently with the annual session of the Commission.
Inter-sessional meetings of the Commission are convened to finalize the provisional agenda of the Commission; to address organizational and substantive matters; and to provide continuous and effective policy guidance. The Commission also holds informal joint meetings of donor and recipient countries on the planning and formulation of projects, pursuant to its resolution 44/16.
Round table discussions
The agenda of the Commission at each session foresees specific themes to be addressed under the item "Round-table discussions" which replaced the "Thematic debate", starting from 2011. Participants to round-table discussions are nominated by regional groups based on their expertise, to ensure a focused and interactive discussion theme under consideration.