UNODC-UNECE Manual on Victimization Surveys
- To provide basic information for developing national victimization surveys
- To identify key issues to assist in decision making about survey approach, methodology, analysis and presentation of results
- To improve comparability of victim survey data across countries
- To provide reference to more technical material
- To give options and identify best practices
The manual was developed by a joint UNECE-UNODC Task Force on Victim Surveys established in 2005, composed by representatives from Australia (Chair), Canada, Italy, Netherlands, Poland, UK, and USA. The Statistical Office of the European Commission (EUROSTAT), the European Agency for Fundamental Rights (EU-FRA) and the European Institute for Crime Prevention and Control, affiliated with the UN (HEUNI) also participated regularly in the work of the Task Force.