- 31/10/2007UNODC - Human Trafficking
Focusing on the criminal justice element of human trafficking and migrant smuggling, the work that UNODC does to combat these crimes is underpinned by the United Nations Convention on Transnational Organized Crime and its protocols on trafficking in persons and migrant smuggling.
- 31/10/2007Photo Exhibition on Human Trafficking at UN Headquarters in New York
29 October 2007 - The photography exhibition "Human Trafficking: Images of Vulnerability"was opened by the UNODC Executive Director Antonio Maria Costa and Mrs. Ban Soon-taek, wife of the Secretary-General of the United Nations today.
- 29/10/2007Child trafficking in Vietnam
Children from Vietnam are being trafficked to the UK, where they're forced to work in cannabis factories. UNODC is working on projects in Vietnam to prevent human trafficking and is assisting the UK and Vietnamese police authorities in tackling this crime. Troels Vester, Crime Prevention Expert, discusses the issue with Louise Potterton.
- 24/10/2007Travaux preparatoires
- 19/10/2007Session 12 of the Ad Hoc Committee on the Elaboration of a Convention against Transnational Organized Crime
- 16/10/2007Child trafficking in Ghana
Human trafficking is an international problem affecting millions of people and many countries around the world. In Ghana, West Africa, the internal trafficking of children is one of the biggest challenges.
- 10/10/2007Public Service Announcement - Human Trafficking 30 Seconds
- 10/10/2007Public Service Announcement - Human Trafficking 60 Seconds
- 10/10/2007Public Service Announcement Trafficking Human Beings 30 Seconds
- 10/10/2007Public Service Announcement Trafficking Human Beings 60 Seconds
- 03/10/2007Trafficking Cleaning Lady
- 03/10/2007Trafficking Telephone Person
- 15/10/2006Toolkit to Combat Trafficking in Persons
- 15/04/2006Trafficking in Persons: Global Patterns
- 24/09/2003Human Trafficking PSA 'Telephone' 2003
The spot seeks to empower victims of human trafficking by showing that it may be possible to escape forced labour situations.
- 24/09/2003Human Trafficking PSA 'Cleaning Lady' 2003
The spot calls on the general public to take action against human trafficking by showing a woman helping a victim escape her forced labour situation.
- 24/09/2002Human Trafficking PSA 'Better Future' - 2002
The focus of this award-winning spot is the trafficking in men, women and children for forced labour, such as in factories, fields or as domestic servants.
Length: 30" and 60"
- 24/09/2001Human Trafficking PSA 'Work Abroad' 2001
Young women who are at risk of becoming victims of human trafficking networks are the focus of this PSA. The spot uses powerful images to reveal harsh realities behind attractive job offers abroad.
- PSA Cleaning Woman (2003)
- PSA Phone (2003)
- Cleaning Woman
- Cleaning Woman
- UN.GIFT PSA Unaware - 60 seconds
- Work Abroad - 60 seconds
- Unaware - 60 seconds
- GA on human trafficking webcast
- Work Abroad
- Human Trafficking - 60 seconds
- Work Abroad
- UN.GIFT - 30 seconds
- Application Page for 2011
- Legislative Assistance
- People vulnerable to human trafficking
Human trafficking is often referred to as one of the fastest growing transnational organized crimes. However, little reliable data exist about the exact scale of this crime. Many countries do not have anti-trafficking laws and therefore are not able to provide clear statistics. Only limited global and regional trends and developments can be seen. These relate to the origin of trafficked persons, their transit and countries of destination, as well as victim and offender profiles.
UNODC's aim is to help countries to provide people vulnerable to trafficking, particularly women and girls, with comprehensive, gender-sensitive, HIV prevention and care in countries of origin, transit and destination. The Office is trying to achieve this by encouraging countries to set in place large-scale awareness and advocacy campaigns on the nature and extent of trafficking in persons and the related HIV risks and response.
- International Cooperation
- PSA Better Future (2002) - 30 seconds
- Examples of Successful Projects
- Clandestine migrants, Mauritania
Clandestine migrants, Mauritania
- Human Beings
- Human Beings
- Trafficking Human Beings (2002)
- Human Beings - 60 seconds
- Powerful alliance to fight wildlife crime comes into effect
- Reporting on the Activities of the Fund
- UNODC launches its new South Asia website