- 11/12/2007Session 8 of the Ad Hoc Committee on the Elaboration of a Convention against Transnational Organized Crime
- 11/12/2007Session 13 of the Ad Hoc Committee on the Elaboration of a Convention against Transnational Organized Crime
- 11/12/2007Session 11 of the Ad Hoc Committee on the Elaboration of a Convention against Transnational Organized Crime
- 30/11/2007Video spot - Cleaning Woman (2003)
The spot calls on the general public to take action against human trafficking by showing a woman helping a victim escape her forced labour situation. UNODC worked closely with local partners in the distribution of the spot to add a telephone hotline number at the end for help or more information.
- 30/11/2007Video spot - Telephone (2003)
The spot seeks to empower victims of human trafficking by showing that it may be possible to escape forced labour situations. UNODC worked closely with local partners in the distribution of the spot to add a telephone number where victims are able to receive assistance and support.
- 30/11/2007Video spot - Better Future (2002)
The focus of this award-winning spot is the trafficking in men, women and children for forced labour, such as in factories, fields or as domestic servants. The spot aims to warn potential victims about the dangers of trafficking, and to raise awareness among the general public of this growing problem.
Duration: 0:30 and 0:60
- 30/11/2007Video spot - Work Abroad (2001)
Young women who are at risk of becoming victims of human trafficking networks are the focus of this Public Service Announcement. The spot uses powerful images to reveal the harsh realities behind attractive job offers abroad, and seeks to educate potential victims of the dangers involved in human trafficking.
Duration: 0:30 and 0:60
- 27/11/2007Children and conflict
26 November - Across the world, many different actors are involved at the grass-root level in fighting child trafficking and the recruitment and use of children in armed conflict. Teamwork is vital for making this struggle more effective. UN.GIFT's regional event in Côte d'Ivoire at the end of November aims to combine these forces for more coherent and decisive action.
- 27/11/2007Organized Crime
- 25/11/2007UNODC expert discusses human trafficking in Afghanistan
Afghanistan is a place of origin, transit and destination for victims of human trafficking. The country currently has no specific law to deal with this crime, but legal drafters are working on Afghanistan's first Anti-Trafficking Law. Riikka Puttonen, a legal expert with the Anti-Human Trafficking Unit, discusses the trafficking situation in Afghanistan with Louise Potterton.
- 23/11/2007Training of police and judicial personnel in Colombia
UNODC will train 120 officials involved in the fight against human trafficking to improve the prosecution of this crime in Colombia between 19 November - 7 December.
For more information, please visit http://www.unodc.org/colombia/es/trata.html.
- 23/11/2007Signatories to the CTOC Trafficking Protocol
- 22/11/2007child trafficking ghana
Lake Volta, Ghana: children represent cheap labour
- 22/11/2007UNODC’s royal visitors
22 November - The United Nations headquarters in Vienna received Their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden during their State visit to Austria yesterday. Antonio Maria Costa, Executive Director of UNODC, welcomed the royal couple and explained the scope of the Office's work ranging from combating illicit drugs and drug addiction to tackling the sinister "problems without borders" - migrant smuggling, corruption, illicit firearms, terrorism, human trafficking and cybercrime.
- 20/11/2007Migrants Mauritania
Clandestine migration, Mauritania
- 16/11/2007Preventing and combating the recruitment and use of child soldiers in West and Central Africa
The High-Level Expert Meeting on Trafficking in Children and Armed Conflict: Preventing and Combating the Recruitment and Use of Child Soldiers will take place in Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire, from 26 - 28 November. The objective of the meeting is to develop of a shared understanding of the issue of trafficking in persons in conflict and post conflict contexts.
The event takes place within the framework of UN.GIFT - an initiative designed to have a long-term impact and to create a turning point in the global fight against human trafficking. Throughout 2007 and 2008, events will take place across the world globe to raise awareness, reduce the vulnerability of potential victims, and examine the human impact of this crime with a view to spurring action to eliminate it.
For more information, please visit www.ungift.org.
- 10/11/2007Human trafficking video spot (30 sec)
- 08/11/2007Protecting victims of human trafficking
- 08/11/2007Preventing Human Trafficking
- 08/11/2007Prosecuting human traffickers
- 31/10/2007UNODC - Human Trafficking
Focusing on the criminal justice element of human trafficking and migrant smuggling, the work that UNODC does to combat these crimes is underpinned by the United Nations Convention on Transnational Organized Crime and its protocols on trafficking in persons and migrant smuggling.
- 31/10/2007Photo Exhibition on Human Trafficking at UN Headquarters in New York
29 October 2007 - The photography exhibition "Human Trafficking: Images of Vulnerability"was opened by the UNODC Executive Director Antonio Maria Costa and Mrs. Ban Soon-taek, wife of the Secretary-General of the United Nations today.
- 29/10/2007Child trafficking in Vietnam
Children from Vietnam are being trafficked to the UK, where they're forced to work in cannabis factories. UNODC is working on projects in Vietnam to prevent human trafficking and is assisting the UK and Vietnamese police authorities in tackling this crime. Troels Vester, Crime Prevention Expert, discusses the issue with Louise Potterton.
- 24/10/2007Travaux preparatoires
- 19/10/2007Session 12 of the Ad Hoc Committee on the Elaboration of a Convention against Transnational Organized Crime
- 16/10/2007Child trafficking in Ghana
Human trafficking is an international problem affecting millions of people and many countries around the world. In Ghana, West Africa, the internal trafficking of children is one of the biggest challenges.
- 10/10/2007Public Service Announcement - Human Trafficking 30 Seconds
- 10/10/2007Public Service Announcement - Human Trafficking 60 Seconds
- 10/10/2007Public Service Announcement Trafficking Human Beings 30 Seconds
- 10/10/2007Public Service Announcement Trafficking Human Beings 60 Seconds
- 03/10/2007Trafficking Cleaning Lady
- 03/10/2007Trafficking Telephone Person
- 15/10/2006Toolkit to Combat Trafficking in Persons
- 15/04/2006Trafficking in Persons: Global Patterns
- 24/09/2003Human Trafficking PSA 'Telephone' 2003
The spot seeks to empower victims of human trafficking by showing that it may be possible to escape forced labour situations.
- 24/09/2003Human Trafficking PSA 'Cleaning Lady' 2003
The spot calls on the general public to take action against human trafficking by showing a woman helping a victim escape her forced labour situation.
- 24/09/2002Human Trafficking PSA 'Better Future' - 2002
The focus of this award-winning spot is the trafficking in men, women and children for forced labour, such as in factories, fields or as domestic servants.
Length: 30" and 60"
- 24/09/2001Human Trafficking PSA 'Work Abroad' 2001
Young women who are at risk of becoming victims of human trafficking networks are the focus of this PSA. The spot uses powerful images to reveal harsh realities behind attractive job offers abroad.
- PSA Cleaning Woman (2003)
- PSA Phone (2003)
- Cleaning Woman
- Cleaning Woman
- UN.GIFT PSA Unaware - 60 seconds
- Work Abroad - 60 seconds