- 01/04/2009Cote d'Ivoire works to combat migrant smuggling
- 01/04/2009Belgrade workshop on enhancing operational capacity against human trafficking in the Western Balkans
- 01/04/2009Anti-migrant smuggling training Rabat
- 21/11/2008Migrant Smuggling A deadly business
- 21/11/2008UNODC Smuggling of Migrants
UNODC, as the guardian the United Nations Convention against Transnational Organized Crime (UNTOC) and the Protocols thereto, assists States in their efforts to implement the Protocol against the Smuggling of Migrants by Land, Sea and Air (Migrants Protocol).
- 20/11/2008Impact programme
An example of UNODC's assistance to States in implementing the Protocol is UNODC's Impact Programme which aims to support States in West and North Africa in implementing the Migrant Smuggling Protocol and strengthen criminal justice systems by;
- Establishing adequate legislative frameworks
- Building the capacities of law enforcement, prosecution and the judiciary
- Strengthening international and regional cooperation, and
- Fostering prevention through raising awareness among relevant authorities and the general public
- 31/10/2008News and Events
News and Events - Anti-Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling Unit
- 30/10/2008UNODC Publications - Human Trafficking and Migrant Smuggling
- 30/10/2008What is Human Trafficking?
- 08/11/2007Protecting victims of human trafficking
- 08/11/2007Preventing Human Trafficking
- 08/11/2007Prosecuting human traffickers
- 31/10/2007UNODC - Human Trafficking
Focusing on the criminal justice element of human trafficking and migrant smuggling, the work that UNODC does to combat these crimes is underpinned by the United Nations Convention on Transnational Organized Crime and its protocols on trafficking in persons and migrant smuggling.
- UNODC launches its new South Asia website