Crime Prevention Tools and Publications
In order to operationalize the standards and norms in crime prevention, specialized tools and manuals have been developed or are being developed to assist States in implementing these standards. These specialized tools complement UNODC's tools and publications in criminal justice.
In cooperation with other UN agencies and key national, regional and international experts, the development of operational tools and training material contributes to strengthening the efficiency of the crime prevention technical assistance and provides substantive support for project implementation.
These include the following:
- Handbook on the United Nations Crime Prevention Guidelines - Making them work
- Crime Prevention Assessment Tool, French, Spanish, Portuguese
- Handbook on Planning and Action for Crime Prevention in Southern Africa and the Caribbean Regions
- Practical Approaches to Urban Crime Prevention
- Introductory Handbook on Policing Urban Space
- Introductory Handbook on the Prevention of Recidivism and the Social Reintegration of Offenders New!