This module is a resource for lecturers
Any one of the following questions can be assigned to students as a topic for a short essay:
- What constitutes an abusive disciplinary method? What can be done to prevent abuse disciplinary practices in the home, at school, in sports, in various institutions for children?
- How can the social tolerance of various forms of violence against children be effectively challenged?
- What does the principle of the best interests of the child involve when dealing with child victims of violence?
- What progress is being made in this country to introduce child-sensitive practices for dealing with children victims or witnesses of crime?
- Is impunity still a problem in this country when it comes to responding to violence perpetrated against children by law enforcement and justice officials? How would you suggest that this problem be addressed?
- What are the main effects of abuse and neglect on a child's health?
- What are the main obligations of States with respect to the prevention of violence against children?
- What measures can be taken to facilitate the reporting of violence against children?
- Identify the protection measures that may be made available to child victims and witnesses before, during and after the trial.