Published in May 2019
This module is a resource for lecturers
- Baird, Theodore (2013). Theoretical Approaches to Human Smuggling . Denmark: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Baird, Theodore and Ilse van Liempt (2016). Scrutinising the Double Disadvantage: Knowledge Production in the Messy Field of Migrant Smuggling, Journal of Ethnic and Migration Studies, vol. 42, pp.400-417
- Dimitriadi, Angeliki (2017). Irregular Afghan Migration to Europe: At the Margins Looking in. Palgrave Macmillan
- Economou, M (2016). Inside Greece's juvenile prisons. Al Jezeera, 29 September.
- Human Rights Watch (2014). Yemen's Torture Camps, Abuse of Migrants by Human Traffickers in a Climate of Impunity.
- ILO, UNICEF and UNGIFT (2009). Training Manual to Fight Trafficking in Children for Labour, Sexual and Other Forms of Exploitation: Understanding Child Trafficking . Geneva: ILO
- IOM (2016). Egyptian unaccompanied migrant children: A case study on irregular migration . Cairo: IOM.
- REACH (2017). Youth on the Move .
- UN Economic and Social Council (2005). Guidelines on Justice in Matters involving Child Victims and Witnesses of Crime . Resolution 2005/20, annex of 27 July 2005.
- UN General Assembly (2018). Principles and Practical Guidance on the Protection of the Human Rights of Migrants in Vulnerable Situations . Report A/HRC/37/34
- UN General Assembly (2017). Rights of the Child . GA Resolution A/RES/71/177
- UN General Assembly (2015). Migrant Children and Adolescents . GA Resolution A/RES/69/187
- UN General Assembly (1990). United Nations Rules for the Protection of Juveniles Deprived of their Liberty . GA Resolution A/RES/45/113
- UNHCR (2008). UNHCR Guidelines on Determining the Best Interests of the Child . Geneva: UN
- UNHCR (1997). Guidelines on Policies and Procedures in Dealing with Unaccompanied Children Seeking Asylum . Geneva: UN
- UNHCR (2009). Guidelines on International Protection: Child Asylum Claims under Articles 1(A)2 and 1(F) of the 1951 Convention and/or 1967 Protocol relating to the Status of Refugees . Report HCR/GIP/09/08
- UNHCR (2017). UNHCR's position regarding the detention of refugee and migrant children in the migration context . Geneva: UN
- UNICEF (2017). A Deadly Journey for Children The Central Mediterranean Migration Route . New York: UNICEF
- UNICEF (2018). Children on the Move, Key Fact & Figures . New York: UNICEF.
- UN Special Rapporteur on the Rights of Migrants (2009). Report of the Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of Migrants . Report A/HRC/11/7
- UNODC (2010). Basic Training Manual on Investigating and Prosecuting the Smuggling of Migrants: Module 9: Human Rights . New York: UN
- UNODC (2017). Smuggling of Migrants, Trafficking in Persons and Contemporary Forms of Slavery, including Appropriate Identification, Protection and Assistance to Migrants and Trafficking Victims . Vienna: UN
- UNODC (2013). Principles and Guidelines on Access to Legal Aid in Criminal Justice Systems . Vienna: UN
- UNODC (2015). Model Strategies and Practical Measures on the Elimination of Violence against Children in the Field of Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice . Vienna: UN
- UNODC (2018). Global Report on Trafficking in Persons . Vienna: UN
Next: Student assessment