This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module:
- Ahmar Ahmad, Syahrul, and others (2014). Whistleblowing Behaviour: The Influence of Ethical Climates Theory. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, vol.164 (December), pp. 445-450.
- Bamberger Nowell D., Grace Kurland and Brian Giunta (2018). China's New Anti-Corruption Authority and Related Developments. Cleary Enforcement Watch, 4 April.
- Bertram I. Spector (2011). Detecting Corruption in Developing Countries: Identifying Causes/Strategies for Action. Kumarian Press.
- Center for the Advancement of Public Integrity (2017). Taking a Byte out of Corruption: A Data Analytic Framework for Cities to Fight Fraud, Cut Costs, and Promote Integrity . Colombia Law School . United States.
- Corruption Watch (2015). The Whistleblower's Handbook . South Africa.
- Jeppesen, Kim K. (2018). The role of auditing in the fight against corruption. The British Accounting Review (June).
- Jon S.T. Quah (2013). Different Paths to Curbing Corruption: Lessons from Denmark, Finland, Hong Kong, New Zealand and Singapore . Research in Public Policy Analysis and Management, vol 23. Emerald Group.
- Heilbrunn, John (2004). Anti-Corruption Commissions Panacea or Real Medicine to Fight Corruption? The World Bank Institute.
- Kassem, Rasha, and Andrew W. Higson (2016). External Auditors and Corporate Corruption: Implications for External Audit Regulators. Current Issues in Auditing, vol. 10, no. 1 (June), pp. P1-P10.
- Kathy, Richards (2006). What works and why in community-based anti-corruption programs . Transparency International.
- Lewis, David B., and Wim Vandekerckhove (2015). Developments in whistleblowing research 2015 . London: International Whistleblowing Research Network.
- Lopez-Iturriaga, Felix Javier, and Iván Pastor-Sanz (2017). Predicting Public Corruption with Neural Networks: An Analysis of Spanish Provinces. Social Indicators Research (forthcoming).
- National Whistleblower Center (2018). Foreign Corrupt Practices Act: How the Whistleblower Reward Provisions Have Worked .
- Neu, Dean, Jeff Everett and Abu Shiraz Rahaman (2013). Internal Auditing and Corruption within Government: The Case of the Canadian Sponsorship Program. Contemporary Accounting Research, vol. 30 (September), pp. 1223-1250.
- Onuegbulam, Chigozie (2017). Whistle blowing policy and the fight against corruption in Nigeria: implications for criminal justice and the due process. African Journals Online (AJOL). vol. 8, no. 2.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) (2017). The Detection of Foreign Bribery, Chapter 2. The Role of Whistleblowers and Whistleblower Protection . Paris.
- Park, Heungsik, Brita Bjørkelo, and John Blenkinsopp (2018). External Whistleblowers' Experiences of Workplace Bullying by Superiors and Colleagues. Journal of Business Ethics (June), pp. 1-11.
- Rehg, Michael, and others (2008). Antecedents and Outcomes of Retaliation Against Whistleblowers: Gender Differences and Power Relationships. Organization Science, vol.19, no. 2 (April).
- Richard Holloway (n.d.). NGO Corruption Fighter's Resource Book: How NGOs can use monitoring and advocacy to fight corruption . National Democratic Institute .
- Rossi, Ivana, Laura Pop, and Tammar Berger (2017). Getting the Full Picture on Public Officials: A How-To Guide for Effective Financial Disclosure. Stolen Asset Recovery (StAR) Series. Washington, D.C.: The World Bank and United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime.
- Samuels Janet A., and Kelly Richmond Pope (2014). Are organizations hindering employee whistleblowing? Attention to detail is essential in implementing effective fraud reporting programs. Journal of Accountancy, 1 December.
- Savage, Ashley (2018). Whistleblowers for Change: The Social And Economic Costs And Benefits Of Leaking And Whistleblowing . Boston: Open Society Foundations.
- Schultz David, and Khachik Harutyunyan (2015). Combating corruption: The development of whistleblowing laws in the United States, Europe, and Armenia. International Comparative Jurisprudence, vol 1, no. 2 (December), pp. 87-97.
- Transparency International (2013). Whistleblower Protection and the UN Against Corruption . Berlin.
- Transparency International (2013). Whistleblowing in Europe: Legal Protections for Whistleblowers in the EU . Berlin.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) (2004). United Nations Convention against Corruption . Vienna.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) (2012). Legislative Guide for the Implementation of the United Nations Convention against Corruption. Vienna.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) (2013). An Anti-Corruption Ethics and Compliance Programme for Business: A Practical Guide . Vienna.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) (2013). A Resource Guide on State Measures for Strengthening Corporate Integrity . Vienna.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) (2013). Guide on Good Practices in the Protection of Reporting Persons . Vienna.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) (2014). Reporting on Corruption: A Resource Tool for Governments and Journalists . Vienna.
- Vandekerckhove, Wim and others (2016). Checkmate to Corruption: Making the Case for a Wide-Ranging Initiative on Whistleblower Protection . Public Services International.
- Von Soehnen, Constanze (2018). Whistle-blower protection and the implementation of article 33 of the United Nations Convention against Corruption on the protection of reporting persons. Conference paper presented at the 17 th session of the Committee of Experts on Public Administration, 23-27 April. Vienna.
Next: Student assessment
Back to top