Call for Participants
Expert Workshop for University Lecturers and Trainers in Central Asia and Caucuses: Teaching on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice
In collaboration with the Academy of the General Prosecutor's Office in Uzbekistan, E4J will convene an expert workshop for university lecturers and trainers in Central Asia and Caucuses, to promote enhanced skills on teaching on crime prevention and criminal justice. To be held in Tashkent, on 28-29 May 2020, the workshop will allow lecturers and trainers from Central Asia and Caucuses to discuss, reflect upon, and practice various aspects relevant to teaching the E4J Modules on crime prevention and criminal justice. In particular, during the two-day meeting, participants will:
- Develop an enhanced understanding of the content of the E4J Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice University Modules;
- Consider, and share information about, effective approaches to teaching the Modules at both the undergraduate and graduate level;
- Strengthen their personal capacity to teach courses based on the Modules, and to gather information about teaching the Modules that can be further shared with colleagues;
- Improve their ability to adapt and integrate the Modules into existing or new courses; and
- Discuss follow-up activities for enhancing crime prevention and criminal justice education at the university level.
The following modules will form the basis for the workshop and will be provided to participants in English and Russian prior to the workshop:
- Gender in the Criminal Justice System
- Prison Reform
- Alternatives to Imprisonment
- Police Accountability, Integrity and Ethics
- Restorative Justice
- Access to Legal Aid in Criminal Proceedings
- Crime Prevention
- Violence against Children
Concept note and agenda
The Workshop will be conducted in English and Russian with simultaneous interpretation.
Academics and trainers from Central Asia and Caucuses are invited to apply by sending the completed application form by email to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications
Friday, 30 March 2020 .
Selected participants will be notified in due course.