Published in January 2019.
This module is a resource for lecturers
This section provides a list of (mostly) open access materials that the lecturer could ask the students to read before taking a class based on this Module.
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2010), Basic Training Manual on Investigating and Prosecuting the Smuggling of Migrants , Module 8 'International Cooperation'
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (2010), Toolkit to Combat Smuggling of Migrants
- European Migration Network, The Use of Social Media in the Fight against Migrant Smuggling
- European Migration Network & Dutch Ministry of Security and Justice (2016), Promoting the Multidisciplinary Approach in Addressing Migrant Smuggling
- Ghallagher, Anne T. and Fiona David (2014), The International Law of Migrant Smuggling
NOTE: Under Module 7, the multidisciplinary approach in the investigation and prosecution of TIP will be further examined. More elaborated bibliography on the multidisciplinary approach (as it is more developed in relation to TIP) is provided.
Next: Advanced reading