This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module:
- CEDAW Committee (2015). General Recommendation No. 33 on Women's Access to Justice. CEDAW/C/GC/33.
- Denham, Tara (2008). Police Reform and Gender. In M. Bastick and K. Valasek, eds. Gender and Security Sector Reform Toolkit. Geneva: DCAF.
- European Union Fundamental Rights Agency (2013). European Union lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender survey: Results at a glance . Luxembourg: EUFRA.
- Fitz-Gibbon, Kate, and Walklate, Sandra (2018). Gender Crime and Criminal Justice. London: Routledge.
- Penal Reform International (2016). Women who kill in response to domestic violence: How do criminal justice systems respond? London: Penal Reform International.
- Quast, Shelby (2008). Justice Reform and Gender. In M. Bastick and K. Valasek, eds. Gender and Security Sector Reform Toolkit. Geneva: DCAF.
- Spohn, Cassia and Tellis, Katharine (2012). The Criminal Justice System's Response to Sexual Violence. Violence Against Women, vol. 18, No. 2, 169-192.
- United Nations Human Rights Council (2018). Report of the Special Rapporteur on the right of everyone to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of physical and mental health. New York: UN.
- United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Violence Against Children (SRSG on VAC) (2015). Safeguarding the rights of girls in the criminal justice system . New York: Office of the Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Violence Against Children.
Next: Student assessment