- Comparing smuggling of migrants and trafficking in persons
- Differences and commonalities
- Vulnerability and the continuum between smuggling and trafficking
- When theory meets practice: smuggling of migrants or trafficking in persons?
Published in January 2019.
This module is a resource for lecturers
The following readings are recommended for students interested in exploring the topics of this Module in more detail, and for lecturers teaching the Module:
- MYRIA Federal Migration Centre, Annual Report 2015: T rafficking and smuggling of human beings: Tightening the Links .
- Global Alliance Against the Traffic in Women (2011), Smuggling and Trafficking - Rights and Intersections .
- Campana, Paolo and Federico Varese (2015). " Exploitation in Human Trafficking and Smuggling." 22 (1) European Journal on Criminal Policy and Research 89.