Al-Sadiq Al-Taieb Association (ASTA)
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||Jerusalem/ Sultan Sulaiman Street-Schmidt's Bldg. Floor 2
P.O.Box 51255- Jerusalem
P.O.Box :4306- Palestinian Territories
|Region:||Middle East and Northern Africa|
Other:'Human Right, Rule of Law, Health, Migration'
||ASTA's attemps to strengthen and protect the Palestinian Civil Society from social diseases represented by alcohol and drug addiction through its holistic and comprehensive programs which are comprised of joint interventions and embody the addict, his family, and the community at large. It focuses too, on providing the addict with treatment and rehabilitation services in addition to psychosocial counselling programs supportive to the addict's family. Achievements:
- Treatment and rehabilitation services for addicts
- Family services which provides the addicts family member with guide lines how to deal with the addict and how to accept him back into the family.
- Awareness and community prevention and intervention services for parents, school students, teachers, social workers, youth clubs, and youth leaders.
- Professional and educational training services for university students specialized in the field of education, psychology, and social work.
- Participation in community activities such as study days and annual awareness campaign for drug addiction in the community at large.