Border areas development Association (BDA)
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||A.2, Sein Lei Yeik Thar, New University
Avenue, Bahan Township, Yangon
|Country:||Myanmar (use new code MYA)|
||BDA promote free primary health care involving medical teams of doctors and nurses working in teams for improving the living condition of the communities. They support education, health, agriculture and income generation programmes and assistance, which also help in advancing the capacity building and awareness of people of border areas.
Objectives of BDA:
- to help build the economic and social infrastructures of the border areas.
- to raise the standard of living of the national races residing in border areas.
- to organize and assist the local communities of border areas in their endeavour to achieve a sustainable development in agriculture and other income generating activities.
- to conduct Drug Demand Prevention, Drug Abuse Awareness and Demand reduction programmes in the communities.
- to liaise with national and international organizations in their participation and assistance and the implementation of border areas development projects.