AIDS Awareness Group (AAG)
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||119 D, Humayun pur, Safdarjung Enclave
New Delhi 110029 India
|Region:||Southern and Eastern Asia|
Our "Mission" is to contribute towards minimising human suffering in the fields of health, STIs / AIDS, domestic violence, through awareness programmes, treatment and referrals and counselling to facilitate generation of options for crisis resolution. We also deal with issues of human rights violations through advocacy and free legal aid.
1. Creating awareness about HIV / AIDS / STIs (sexually transmitted Infections) in the jails, red light areas, slums, universities, colleges, schools, etc.
2. Providing counselling for people infected and / or affected by HIV / AIDS.
3. To produce IEC (information, education, communication) material on HIV/AIDS and STIs, Sex and Sexuality and allied topics.
4. To observe, (discretely) if the human rights of prisoners are being violated, and take appropriate action to inform the concerned authority confidentially.
5. Helping victims of domestic violence and other disadvantaged persons referred to us, and providing legal aid.
6. To take up advocacy work on issues of social injustices, unfair policies and discriminatory law enforcement, in collaboration with like minded NGO groups, and lawyers.