Asian Harm Reduction Network (AHRN)
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||P.O. Box 18
Chiangmai University Post Office
Muang, Chiangmai 50202
|Region:||Southern and Eastern Asia|
Other:'networking, policy development, poverty reduction'
|| The Asian Harm Reduction Network (AHRN) is the only project of its kind in the region. AHRN is a regional information and support network created to link and support the courageous people operating programmes providing assistance to injecting drug users in Asia to prevent HIV transmission.
- To establish a sustainable harm reduction network based in Asia;
- To develop a more comprehensive understanding of patterns of injecting drug use and associated harms (especially HIV infection) in Asian countries;
- To provide a forum which will encourage communication and information exchange between individuals, organisations and countries participating in the network;
- To provide training and support for individuals and organisations in Asia, sharing core skills and a coherent philosophy which can underpin their work;
- To facilitate policy and programme development at NGO, government, regional and international levels;
- To promote national harm reduction networks.