Fundacion Arco Iris (FAI)
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||Calle Capitan Echevarria No. 265
La Paz, Bolivia
|UN Languages:||Spanish, English|
Other:'Human Rights, Health'
||The Arco Iris Foundation has the following misions:
- To provide integral support: Food, housing, medical attention, clothing, support in their academic studies and technical job training. Social, psychological, pedagogic and judicial assistance to all the children, teenagers and young adults in disadvantage and in high social risk;
- To create processes that give them affective stability and self esteem to help them achieve independence in their social, civilian and work behavior;
- To diminish the structural causes that produce social exclusion and lack of opportunities of this group; namely, ignorance, prejudice, indifference, lack of solidarity, charity and Christian human values
Rainbow Foundation is a non-governmental organization, based on the principles of the Catholic Church since 1994 to fight against discrimination, marginalization and lack of opportunities suffered by thousands of children and young orphans, whose parents are in prison, victims domestic violence, abuse, rape, those living or working on the streets of La Paz - Bolivia.
Born of the option for the poor of the German priest Jose Maria Neuenhof and its numerous actions aid and solidarity. Since 1997 it acquired legal personality, civil and canonical, as an organization, going to be called 'Rainbow Foundation. "
To meet its target run numerous projects to support comprehensive and conducts awareness campaigns among people in a spirit of solidarity and detachment. Almost as a whole, the Foundation holds the support of individuals, without major funding of international cooperation or government. Look be a sign of friendship, solidarity and detachment, for poorer, needy and disadvantaged.
Our vision, whose foundation is the Gospel and Catholic social teaching is that every person, regardless of their age, race, social status and gender, by virtue of their fundamental dignity and equality, is capable of being, by itself , His agent responsible for material improvement of its moral progress and their spiritual development, and enjoy a decent life.
- The dignity of the person, axle and foundation of all social project.
- The Solidarity as a strong determination to work for justice, in an organized manner and persevering, for the dignified life for people most vulnerable children who are orphans, whose parents are in prison, victims of abuse, rape and neglect, who live or work in the streets.
? The subsidiarity, not impose our way of seeing and doing things, but responding to demands of beneficiaries sy sharing with them the responsibility for their own development.