Assiut Human Rights Association
|ECOSOC Status:||Special Consultative|
|Type:||NGO working on Crime|
Ibn Sina Tower, next to Renaissance Cinema
23 July Street
|Region:||Middle East and Northern Africa|
|UN Languages:||English, Arabic|
Other:'Human Rights, Governance'
||Assiut Human Rights Association in Upper Egypt target is to establish mechanisms in order to avoid the violation of human rights.
(a)In cooperation with the National Council for Human Rights, AHRA monitored the presidential and parliamentary elections.
(b)In cooperation with Street Law Inc. (STL), AHRA conducted 5 workshops on Islam and Democracy towards Active Citizenship.
(c)The NGO verifies voters, lists in a project in cooperation with other 11 NGOs; with the financial support of USAID
(d)A grant offered by the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) to AHRA was a useful tool for an institutional support program.
(e)With the National Democratic Institute (NDI), the AHRA conducted a workshop with the aim of stimulating volunteers.
(f)In cooperation with the British Embassy in Cairo, the AHRA conducted a workshop on "Modifying the Local Administration Law is a Start for Political Reformation".
(g)Training students and bank's officials to struggle money laundry.
Association working fields:
1. Human rights.
2. Awareness in the field of constitutional and legal rights.
3. Establishing friendships and fellowships between Egypt and other friendly nations.
1. Enhance and protect human rights.
2. Tackle any case in which violation of human rights occurs.
3. Present any case of human rights in Assiut to the government as well as provide suggestions that might help in preventing these violations.
4. Enhance and ensure harmony between legislation, systems, national practices and international agreements related to human rights in which the country is part of and assist in implementing them effectively.
5. Encourage the authorization of the above mentioned agreements or join them and ensure to carry them out effectively.
6. Assist in preparing reports that must be presented by our country to associations, United Nations parties and regional organizations as part of its commitment to their agreements and if needed the association can present its suggestions.
7. Cooperate with the United Nations and all other organizations related to the United Nations in addition to regional and national organizations in other countries specialized in the field of enhancing and protecting human rights.
8. Increase the transparency in the field of human rights.
9. Enable inhabitants to understand their rights and increase their awareness when dealing with governmental authorities.
10. Create awareness in the community and enable people to understand their community needs and to discuss human rights issues.
11. Boost girls and women's rights.
12. Enhance the rights of the Egyptian children.