Drug Abuse Information Rehabilitation and Research Centre
|ECOSOC Status:||Special Consultative|
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||H-1, Sitaram Building, Palton Road, Mumbai 400 001, India|
||D.A.I.R.R.C. is one of India’s leading N.G.O.s, committed to substance abuse prevention strategies, including treatment and rehabilitation of drug addicts, implementation of drug demand reduction strategies and research in the causes and effects of drug abuse.
Their mission is
1) Tto organise research in the Medical Science in general and with special reference to control and prevention of drug abuse, treatment and rehabilitation of drug addicts.
2) To carry out research into the causes and other aspects which force/induce people to take drugs and to organise research into the patterns of mental health and human behaviour of the drug addicts.
3) To establish and maintain hospitals, research institutions, infirmaries, detection centres, rehabilitation centres, with staff, doctors, research and rehabilitation workers and volunteers for undertakings and pursuing a combined effort to fight drug abuse.
4) To educate, train and secure medical nursing and other volunteers and personnel for the above work and to afford facilties for such training in India or abroad.
5) To educate, train, promote, organise workshops, seminars, conferences, demonstrations, create awareness amongst people regarding the harmful and fatal effects of drug abuse and HIV/AIDS.
6) To prepare, edit, print, publish, issue and circulate books, magazines, paper periodicals, circulars and other library undertakings of or bearing upon research or control and prevention of drug abuse and HIV/AIDS and treatment and rehabilitation of drug addicts.
7) To assist in establishing and promoting the above objects with other organisations or trusts.
8) To compile analyse information and data on donor, donee organisations such as those working in the field of control and prevention of drug abuse, treatment and rehabilitation of drug addicts.
9) To collect, co-ordinate and disseminate medical, scientific or other knowledge data, statistics or information as to causation, prevalence distribution, treatment or cure of ailments, rehabilitation or any other data statistics or information relating to drug abuse and HIV/AIDS and to establish a bureau or centre for collection and dissemination of such knowledge, data statistics, information as aforesaid.
10) To construct, acquire, buy, takeover on lease or hire exchange, houses or buildings for the use and purpose as hospitals, nursing homes, research centres, rehabilitation centres, with or without necessary furniture, fittings, equipments, instruments and appliances and to open such branch or branches as the governing council may decide from time to time and use the same in the following manner.
(a) for providing medical, surgical treatment free of charges to poor and/or needy persons irrespective of caste, creed or religion.
(b) for providing medical, surgical, treatment on payment of such fees as the governing council may decide to public generally irrespective of caste, creed or religion.
(c) for providing medical dispensing department, operation theatre, pathological department as and deemed fit for the benefit of the public generally, irrespective of caste, creed or religion, free of charge or on such payment of fees as the governing council may decide.