European Network for Practical Approaches in Addiction Prevention
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
Pädagogische Hochschule Zürich
Fachgruppe Gesundheitsförderung und Prävention
||Euronet is a network of addiction prevention organisations and institutions from twelve European Union countries and two associated members from Switzerland and the Russian Federation. The European cooperation in addiction prevention is promoted and transferred into practice by means of joint work in concrete projects. The goals of euro net are:
- The development and establishment of a European network for addiction prevention based on concrete cooperation in projects
- The promotion and exchange of ideas and experience
- Promoting a consensus among experts regarding central aspects of addiction prevention in Europe
- The joint development and local implementation of innovative prevention concepts and strategies
- Promoting and developing knowledge-based addiction prevention and its methods
- The harmonious growth of the network though successive expansion to other regions within EU states as well as to other regions and countries within Europe.
- Joint evaluation of projects and products
The addiction prevention activities organised by euro net are principally concerned with so-called 'primary addiction prevention'. These focus on the development of both substance-based addiction (alcohol, medicines, illegal drugs) and substance-independent addiction (e.g. gambling),
are both structure- and person-oriented, are aimed at strengthening resources that can be utilised by people, groups and institutions, and are aimed at reducing the existing risks and/or learning to deal with these risks (risk management).