Millat Development Programme (MDP)
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||Waqas Plaza, Opposite to Shah Fasal Hospital, GT Road, Haripur|
|Region:||Southern and Eastern Asia|
|Other languages:||Urdu, Punjabi, Hindko, Peshto|
Other:'Human Rights, Health, Governance, Other'
||Mission: To involve marginalized & ignored sections of society in development through Social Mobilization, Natural Resources management & Capacity Development.
Improvement in environmental conditions through awareness raising & capacity development of partner community in natural resource management
Taking part in activities & programs for the promotion of human rights, health & education.
Working for reduction of gender inequalities.
Involvement of youth in development.
Diversifying livelihood opportunities.
Community organization regarding sensitization & awareness about sustainable forest resource utilization.
Protection of wild fauna.
• MDP has provided consultancy in Natural Resource Management for the stake holders of NRM in Haripur district.
• Street pavements and pond building for collection of rain water in Union Council Shah Maqsood with the support of Local Government.
• Construction of a huge bridge over river in Baldher which joints 4 villages like Akhoon Bandi, Mohri, Choti Magri & Barri Magri with GT road. It is the biggest proved self made project of Pakistan. 3.5 million rupees have been spent so far on the construction and the bridge is about to complete now. 7 thousands people have been facilitated by this project. MDP has funding & construction records which can be observed by any organization
• MDP has conducted community awareness programs by its consultants in different areas of Khanpur & Haripur. The programs are:
• HIV Aids, Occupational Safety & Health, Women & Children rights, Workers Welfare Facilities, Industrial Relations, Labor Laws Awareness Programs, Employees Old Age Benefits & Compensation Act.
• Nurseries & plantations were maid in different areas of district Haripur with the support of forest department.
• MDP organized walk against the street crimes and drugs.