Nigerian Youth against Crime and HIV/AIDS (NYACHAS)
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||No 10 Jeun Road by Masaka Police station, P.O.BOX 9972, Nasarawa State,Abuja|
|Other languages:||HAUSA,IGBO,YUROBA, KWALE, ISHAN|
||NYACHAS is working to ensure a youth that is free from crime and drugs and leave in accordance with the country’
create awareness, teach and correct the mindset of the teaming youth in Nigerian Private and Public Institution (Primary, secondary and Tertiary) by way of enlightment campaign, while those in rural areas through town hall meetings, we have designed several programs ranging from common announcement in assembly ground, to seminars, workshops, one on one street engagement, talk shows, drama, television/radio jingles etc.
The alarming state of unrest and overheated polity which is putting the economy in risk with crime rate moving in a geometric and astronomic order, call it boko haram, Mend, internet/ATM fraud, corruption or whatever nomenclature you chose to classify it, crime is threatening our existence.
Thus, the Nigerian youth against crime and HIV/AIDS is a functioning non-governmental organization since its inception in the year 2004. We came to lead the crusade to ameliorate or possibly eradicate this worst cancer called crime through combined Practical effort by altering the state of understanding of some youth and teenagers towards negative vices by offering them crime and drug education. And:
• To improve the effectiveness of crime prevention across Africa by promoting principle of good practice
• Increase commitment to drug abuse education by creating Drug & Crime free club in schools
• To assist Government and authorities to prepare and implement legislation and programs that will reflect the complex nature of the causes of crime
• To create a coordinated approach to addressing social vices and eco safety issues among youth
• To ensure young people are viable to contributing towards the Nations Economic Growth
• To advocate for youth access to information in Rural Community To ensure their Rights are protected
• To promote African Culture and entertainment among youth
• To restore the Agricultural value and increase youth participation
• To ensure that moral value are not diminished
• To inculcate the spirit of adventure, resourcefulness and inventiveness, thereby promoting the development of individual talents
• To promote the millennium Development Goals MDGs among youth in Africa Continent
• To assist country, region in peace talk during crises and to be active in promoting peace.