Criminals’ Return Into Society (RIKS KRIS)
|Type:||NGO working on Crime|
|Address:||olofsgatan 18, 111 36 Stockholm|
|UN Languages:||English, French|
||Kriminellas Revansch I Samhället, KRIS, is a non-governmental organization of and for former criminals/addicts helping help each other getting back into society. KRIS was founded in October 1997. KRIS is a complement and not a substitute to the structures proposed by the society/authorities KRIS concept is based on the following idea: people who have experienced addiction, crime and prison and who now live a life free from drugs and criminality shall support members who have just been released from prison and are in need of positive back-up measures. Many of those we help and support come directly from the streets and not only from prisons or institutions. To become full member of KRIS and get support, four principles should be TOTALLY respected: honesty, life free from drugs/addiction, friendship and solidarity.
KRIS offers its members:
• The feeling of belonging
• Regular visits in prisons (information on KRIS, individual discussions…)
• Pick up when being released from prisons (incl. help getting in contact with the social services…)
• A new social network
• Help getting accommodation
• Help getting occupation (traineeship, work)…
• Classes and education
• Godfather/mothers reachable 24 hours a day / 7 days a week!
• Cultural activities
• Activities for youths (13-26 years old - Unga KRIS)…