Arab Center for the Development of the Rule of Law and Integrity (ACRLI)
|Type:||NGO working on Crime|
|Address:||1st Floor, Khatoun Building
P.O. Box 116/2413
|Region:||Middle East and Northern Africa|
|UN Languages:||French, English, Arabic|
Other:'Human Rights, Rule of Law, Governance, Judicial Reform, Modernization of Laws, Integrity,'
||The Arab Center for the Development of the Rule of Law and Integrity (ACRLI) was established in 2003 by a number of leading legal professionals including prominent lawyers, judges and university lecturers, as well as public figures from across the Arab region. ACRLI is a regional non-governmental and not-for-profit organization that is headquartered in Beirut (Lebanon) with branches and representation offices in several Arab countries. ACRLI groups a wide network of experts and has collaborated with international and regional organizations, governmental departments as well as with other non-governmental organizations in the world.
The overall mission of ACRLI is to contribute to the promotion of the international standards and norms of good governance on the Rule of Law, integrity and fight against corruption in the Arab region.
In line with its mission, ACRLI has performed many projects and activities in the Arab countries over the past few years:
1. The project on “Promoting the Rule of Law and Integrity in the Arab Countries- PRLI”, with the support of UNDP
2. The project on “Enhancing the legal framework of Associations in the Arab World through National Dialogue and Empowerment of Civil Society” in partnership with Friederich Nauman Foundation and with the support of the European Commission.
3. The project on “Strengthening the Rule of Law in the Arab States – Modernization of Public Prosecution Offices” with the support of UNDP-POGAR.
4. The project on “Building a Legal Database on the Right of Association in the Arab Countries” in partnership with Ford Foundation
5. The “MENA Commercial Law Strengthening” project with the support of the Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI).