Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics (HOME)
|ECOSOC Status:||Special Consultative|
|Type:||NGO working on Crime|
|Address:||304 Orchard Road
|Region:||Southern and Eastern Asia|
Other:'Human Rights, Migration'
||HOME is a registered society that promotes and protects the rights of migrant workers in Singapore.
The mission objectives of H.O.M.E. are:
• To develop research and education on the socio-economics of migration on Singapore and the countries of origin;
• To provide social integration services for emigrants and immigrants;
• To provide humanitarian assistance for the effects of 'crisis' migration.
The organisation believes that the rights to Dignity of Work, Dignity of Person and the Dignity of Life are fundamental human rights. Migrant populations in many countries are often discriminated when it comes to the protection of these rights. HOME seeks to uphold human dignity for all peoples wherever they come from.
This is done by running the following programmes:
1) Shelters for abused migrants (women and men);
2) Help desks which provide employment advice and case advocacy for migrant workers;
3) Legal aid;
4) Research on issues affecting the rights and welfare of migrants in Singapore;
5) Skills training programmes for migrant workers;
6) HIV/AIDS and human rights training for migrant workers.