Municipal Council on Drug Addiction Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria (MCDA)
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Address:||BG-2700 Blagoevgrad, Municipal Council on Drug Addiction Blagoevgrad
“G. Izmirliev” Square No. 1
|UN Languages:||English, Russian|
Other:'Human Rights, Rule of Law, Health, Governance'
||RCDA is local authority structure, responsible to implement the national policy on prevention, treatment, rehabilitation and resocialization of drug addicts as part of the National Strategy for Combating Drugs, and the plan for the implementation of the national strategy at the municipal level.
1.Development and application of programs in the field of drug abuse prevention among different social groups in accordance with the National Strategy against drug abuse.
2. Involvement in the development and the implementation of prevention methods and techniques.
3. Involvement in the preparation of projects and legal acts in the field of drug abuse prevention.
4. Involvement in science and science – applied research projects in the field of drug abuse prevention.
5. Development of training modules for persons working in the field of drug abuse prevention as teachers, school advisors, nurses and others.
6. Involvement in student training in the field of drug abuse prevention; contracts with universities
7. Involvement in international cooperation, information and experience exchange projects in the field of drug abuse prevention.
8. Involvement in the organization of scientific forums on municipal, mational and international level in the field of drug abuse prevention.
9.Developing, organizing and conducting prevention and information campaigns on regional level to improve the citizens’ sensibility regarding the drug abuse problem.
10. Consulting drug –addicts and their families, and offering assistance for treatment and rehabilitation home or abroad