Zanzibar Youth Forum (ZYF)
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
|Country:||Tanzania (United Republic of)|
Other:'Human Rights, Health'
||Zanzibar Youth Forum aims to unify and promote youth from Zanzibar towards enabling them to participate in equitable development through awareness creation, lobbying and advocacy, capacity building and prevention of substance abuse, STIs and HIV/AIDS. ACHIEVEMENTS: Since 2007 we successfully reached seven administrative districts and fifty shehias on MARPs intervention program both in Zanzibar and Pemba:
- 9,961 outreach sessions conducted for two years
- 10,014 MARPs were reached
- 909 IDUs were reached on exchanged ideas with outreach workers on the impact of being injecting, drug using and the possible ways to come out from the problem
- 424 CSW were reached and having discussion on the risks that can be contacted and how to minimize such risks
- 564 MARPs were referred to deferent centres for further counselling, testing and screening services.
- 63 MSM were reached and discussing on care and prevention
- 53 TB case were referred for screening and treatments
- 24 people checked positive, - 540 people checked negative
- 82 N/A meetings conducted in the ZYF Drop in Centre
- 26 clients have been admitted from Drop in Centre some of them are relapsed and other their progress is good.